When arranging the yard, the choice of coverage arises. The earth is constant dirt in the rain, and dust in the heat, besides, it causes inconvenience and growing grass. And for parking a car, you also need a strong and even surface. The most practical and common coverings for the yard are paving slabs, concrete or asphalt. They are frost-resistant, durable, able to withstand loads. Let’s compare their main characteristics.
This is the easiest way to get a level surface in your yard and prevent dirt from getting in. It is enough to contact the appropriate organization, for example, asphalting in Almaty.
Stages of asphalting:
- Layout – preparation of storm drains, installation of curbs.
- Creation of clay-sand-rubble cushion. For the yard, a layer of 10 cm is sufficient.
- Asphalt paving 4 cm thick.
Advantages of asphalt pavement:
- The speed of work.
- Relatively inexpensive materials.
- Can be used almost immediately after installation.
- After the snow melts or after the rain, puddles remain.
- Not repairable – patches spoil the appearance of the coating. If the integrity of the asphalt is violated (for example, drilling), then the coating is destroyed.
- At high temperatures, asphalt softens and sags. The result is depressions in which water accumulates. A deformed coating wears out the coating faster.
In this case, the surface of the courtyard is covered with a layer of cement-sand mortar, which, when solidified, forms a monolithic and smooth surface.
The steps required to create a concrete pavement:
- Planning, leveling the ground.
- Installing beacons.
- Fixing the reinforcing mesh.
- Arrangement and fixation of distribution bars.
In order for the concrete coating to be strong enough and withstand loads, its thickness must be at least 10 cm. The brand of concrete also affects the strength, it is advisable to use the more expensive M-300 or M-350.
- Long curing of the poured coating, — up to 3 days. And about a month there is a set of strength.
- If during the pouring and hardening of concrete there were low temperatures, the coating may become brittle. It is impossible to carry out concrete work at temperatures below +5.
Tiles – can be of various shapes and colors, individual tiles are laid one to one on a sand cushion, and create a flat surface. Depending on the planned load, the thickness of the tile is selected. For a pedestrian or garden path, inexpensive tiles 4 cm thick are enough. But if you plan to drive a car, then the tile should be at least 8 cm thick. But it will be more expensive accordingly.
Laying tiles is a rather long and laborious process. First, the space of the yard is marked out. A cushion of crushed stone is laid, a cushion of sand is laid on top. The number of required tiles, the location of the pattern is calculated. Tiles are laid by hand, precision, attentiveness and accuracy are needed here.
Advantages of a tile covering:
- aesthetic appeal.
- Large selection of schemes, patterns, colors and textures.
- Allows you to implement landscape design projects.
- With the right laying technology, a beautiful, comfortable and even surface is obtained.
- The seams between the tiles act as a natural drainage system, draining rain and melt water.
- If the permissible loads are observed, the tiled coating can last up to 50-80 years.
- The high cost of the tile itself and the work of laying it. Almost 2 times more expensive than concrete or asphalt.