Gas boilers are designed not only for heating the house, but also for organizing a hot water supply system. There are several varieties of them, so before buying it is necessary to determine which design will be the most suitable.
How to choose a gas heating boiler in 2022?
All boilers on sale can be divided into two large groups: single-circuit and double-circuit. The first variety is intended solely for creating a comfortable temperature in the room, while the second is also used for supplying hot water. Double-circuit boilers are more compact in size, however, increased requirements are imposed on the conditions of use. In particular, in order to automatically shut off the hot water supply, the incoming flow must have a fairly high pressure. Because of this, it is almost impossible to save hot water.
For large rooms, double-circuit boilers will not be the most suitable option, especially if the water intake equipment is located quite far from the boiler. Single-circuit products are large and difficult to install.
Also, all boilers on the market can be divided according to the installation method – floor or wall. Floor-mounted ones are more powerful, differ in significant dimensions, they can be used to heat a room with an area of u200bu200babout 600 square meters. m. In our ranking of the top 10 best gas boilers, all types of such heating equipment are presented. When compiling it, we take into account the price-quality ratio of the model, the opinions and reviews of customers, and many other factors. We hope that our rating will help you decide on the most suitable model.
List of the best gas boiler models for home heating in 2022
10. BAXI SLIM 1.300 iN
High-quality floor construction equipped with a heat exchanger made of cast iron. It has an electronic system for setting the water temperature in the system, there is a self-diagnosis. The machine is easy to install, use and maintain and does not require regular maintenance.
The boiler has an attractive appearance: even if it is in plain sight, it will not spoil the interior of the room at all, its acceptable dimensions are only 35 cm wide. If necessary, an external storage boiler can be connected to it, which is used to supply hot water. The temperature range is 30-85 degrees with a standard heating system and 30-45 degrees with the underfloor heating option. For the boiler, you can additionally purchase a remote control with a climate controller, there is an outdoor temperature sensor, due to which the automation will adjust to weather conditions.
- Convenient overall dimensions;
- Heated area up to 365 sq. m – it is quite enough for a two-story house;
- Cast iron heat exchanger, characterized by a long service life;
- High efficiency – about 90%;
- Small overall dimensions;
- An electronic security system is provided.
- The valves are not too tight – gas pops are heard during ignition;
- The need to connect to the power grid.
BAXI SLIM 1.300 iN
9. BAXI ECO-4s 24F
This is a wall-mounted boiler, which is characterized by fairly compact overall dimensions – 730x400x299 mm. The device is easy to install, operate and maintain. Due to the wall mounting, it does not take up any free space in the room. The design provides for a hydraulic group made of composite materials, there are two heat exchangers here – one is designed for heating, the second is designed for hot water supply. The developers equipped the products with a turbine flow sensor or, to put it simply, a flow meter. It allows you to provide the consumer with even greater comfort when using hot water – it takes into account changes in the pressure of the supply system.
An informative display is provided on the body, which facilitates the use of the unit. On it you can consider the temperature in the heating and hot water supply system, error codes in the operation of the device are also displayed here. The interface is simple and familiar. The boiler periodically performs self-diagnostics, timely identifying all existing malfunctions and reporting them to the user.
- Electronic device control system;
- Very wide functionality;
- Nice appearance – can be placed in front of everyone;
- Long service life;
- Quality components;
- Provides not only heating, but also supplies consumers with hot water.
- The pressure gauge of the heating system is not very conveniently located;
- Poorly designed heating feed valve handle.
BAXI ECO-4s 24F
8. Navien GA 35KN
It has small dimensions and low weight – the device is convenient to transport, easy to install even independently. The connecting pipes are located on both sides of the boiler, which has a positive effect on the installation and connection process. The design provides a protective system SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply), which protects the equipment from the occurrence of voltage drops up to 30% up or down. At the same time, the boiler will function reliably, without various failures, which increases its service life.
If the room temperature drops, the frost protection system is automatically activated. The inflatable burner has a special fan that effectively removes all combustion products into the chimney. Included is a remote control that facilitates the use of the device. The menu is completely Russified, there is a liquid crystal display equipped with a backlight.
- Convenient control system;
- Works quite quietly;
- The device is completely Russified;
- All elements are reliable and durable.
- Does not function without electricity;
- Sometimes there are problems with hot water supply if the water pressure in the supply system is not enough.
Navien GA 35KN
7. Protherm Panther 25 KOO
This is the only single-circuit type design in our rating of gas boilers designed for wall installation. If necessary, an external boiler can be connected to the device. The boiler has high operational capabilities and acceptable overall dimensions. This equipment is controlled by a special built-in processor responsible for self-diagnosis of the unit and temperature control in the system. The kit includes an automatic coolant circulation system, due to which the boiler will function reliably with any type of heating.
It is completely safe, has a system of protection against overheating, freezing, serious voltage drops, short circuits, and even withstands high humidity in the room. The boiler has good performance indicators, on the front panel there is a rather informative display with a Russified menu. If desired, you can additionally purchase an accessory that is responsible for automatic adjustment depending on weather conditions.
The efficiency is more than 90%, the highest gas consumption is 2.85 cubic meters per hour. The boiler effectively heats houses, the area of which does not exceed 250 square meters, the temperature of the coolant is in the range from 38 to 85 degrees. The design has a built-in expansion tank, its volume is 7 liters. The heat exchanger is reliable, made of copper, well brings the water temperature to the specified limits.
- Easy to install and operate;
- Almost all workflows are automatic;
- Ability to operate in high humidity conditions.
- There is no automatic start system in case of a power outage in the network;
- Needs annual maintenance.
Protherm Panther 25 KOO
6. Lemax Gazovik AOGV-6, 6 kW, single-circuit
Another fairly compact heater for floor placement. It weighs a little – only 33 kg, with dimensions of 282x685x473 mm, it is intended only for heating, hot water cannot be obtained from it. The rated power of the device is 6 kW, however, in order to achieve it, the pressure in the system must be at least 12.7 bar. The efficiency of this device is 87%. This is a convection-type product – heat is generated due to the combustion of gas fuel, the consumption is about 0.3 cubic meters per hour. An important feature is that the device is absolutely non-volatile – it does not have to be connected to electricity.
Ignition here is done manually, the coolant circulates through the heating pipes and radiators in a natural way, without using a pump. A steel heat exchanger is installed here, which can last from 5 to 20 years, depending on the type of coolant. The control here is carried out manually, it is completely mechanical, which makes the boiler much more reliable compared to devices equipped with electrical control. The protection system is represented by a gas control operating on the basis of a mechanical sensor that can promptly detect fuel leakage or flame extinction.
- Completely non-volatile device;
- Pretty strict external design;
- Very reliable and durable device;
- There is a protective gas control system;
- The thermometer is responsible for the temperature of the coolant in the boiler itself.
- Dealing with controls is somewhat more difficult compared to models with an electronic control system.
Lemax Gazovik AOGV-6, 6 kW, single-circuit
5. Vaillant atmoVIT VK INT 324 1-5
One of the best outdoor gas boilers, compares favorably with other models presented in this rating for its efficiency and compact overall dimensions. It is suitable not only for domestic use, but also for heating production areas – up to 320 square meters. It has the ability to connect an external boiler to provide hot water.
The heat exchanger is made of cast iron, resistant to corrosion processes, has five sections. In order for the device to function as reliably as possible, it is advisable to connect it to the mains through a voltage stabilizer. The boiler is equipped with an open combustion chamber, so it must be connected to a vertical chimney so that the combustion products can escape into the atmosphere naturally. The control system is equipped with a digital display with a Russified menu, which makes the setting as convenient as possible, and also allows you to provide full control over the operation of this device.
- The boiler independently diagnoses problems in its systems;
- Reliability and durability;
- Ability to connect a boiler to create a hot water supply system;
- Gas supply level control system.
- Significant mass;
- The absence of an expansion tank in the design.
Vaillant atmoVIT VK INT 324 1-5
4. Buderus Logamax U072-24K
This boiler is a double-circuit type, designed for wall installation, equipped with a closed combustion chamber and a collapsible body, which is quite convenient for cleaning it. Initially, it was created exclusively for Russian climatic conditions. The plate-type heat exchanger is able to quickly heat water both in the heating system and for distribution to the required temperature. The volume of hot water is quite enough for a family of several people, the boiler itself effectively shows itself in a house up to 240 square meters. m.
Management is clear, so all parameters are set almost instantly. The user interface is displayed on a convenient LCD display, due to which all changes will be viewed in real time. The boiler is able to function in the most difficult conditions: it perfectly tolerates voltage drops, as it is designed for a range from 165 to 240 V, it can be used even with fairly hard water. The maximum gas consumption is 2.8 cubic meters of gas per hour, the maximum temperature of hot water is 63 degrees, the coolant is heated to 85 degrees. The mass of the device is only 30 kg, so it can be installed alone, the connection to the backbone systems should be handled by specialists.
- Light weight, attractive appearance;
- Easy to manage;
- All necessary information is displayed on the liquid crystal display;
- A reliable security system that prevents the device from freezing, excess or insufficient pressure, there is a flame presence sensor;
- A wide range of burners, due to which the temperature of hot water is adjusted in the range from 40 to 60 degrees;
- Service is simple and convenient;
- There is a built-in expansion tank with a working volume of 8 liters.
- Plastic supply tap, which quickly fails;
- The exhaust fan is another weak point of the boiler.
Buderus Logamax U072-24K
3. Protherm Wolf 16 KSO, 16 kW, single circuit
A fairly heavy, but reliable unit that can easily heat a large area. The design is installed on the floor, taking into account all the necessary indents from the walls. Overall dimensions 390x745x460 mm with a weight of 46.5 kg. To obtain the power declared by the manufacturer of 16 kW, the pressure in the gas pipes must be at least 13 bar. In this case, the efficiency reaches 92.5%. Before us is another convection-type heater, the gas consumption is significant – 2.8 cubic meters per hour.
The boiler is completely non-volatile. The heat exchanger is made of thick steel, which perfectly resists deformation, withstands even strong shocks, but is subject to corrosion, so its service life is limited – about 5-10 years, after which the part will have to be changed. The design includes a thermometer and a manometer. The first element shows the temperature of the coolant directly in the boiler, the second allows you to control the pressure in the system.
- One of the highest efficiency factors;
- Does not need to be connected to the power supply;
- The provided special system of protection against an overheat;
- Thanks to the pressure gauge, you can control the pressure in the system.
- The boiler can withstand pressure in the pipes no more than 1 bar;
- Quite heavy and at the same time will take up a lot of space in the room.
Protherm Volk 16 KSO, 16 kW, single circuit
2. Bosch Gaz 6000 W WBN 6000-28 H, 28 kW, single circuit
One of the leaders in our ranking of the best heating gas boilers is the products of the world famous German company, which is designed for heating residential private houses, cottages, apartments. The model was developed taking into account Russian climatic conditions. The design is characterized by small dimensions, it is easy to mount and use. The boiler easily tolerates voltage and gas pressure fluctuations ranging from 165 to 240 V and from 10.5 to 16 bar, respectively. The power of the device is 28 kW, which allows you to heat up the area up to 280 square meters. m. The heat exchanger is made of copper, which is less susceptible to corrosion processes compared to steel.
The design provides for a modulated fan, so you can connect a coaxial chimney to the boiler and provide air intake from the street. The fan speed is automatically selected by the boiler – without wind, it operates in quiet mode, but if the wind load increases, it switches to high power mode. The boiler works quite quietly – no louder than an air conditioner, refrigerator or personal computer. The design is equipped with a three-way valve, so you can additionally purchase a separate boiler for it and provide the house with hot water.
- Original design;
- It is easy to configure all the necessary parameters;
- Compact overall dimensions;
- It is possible to make it a source of hot water supply;
- Designed to heat a decent area.
- Except for a rather high price has not been revealed.
Bosch Gaz 6000 W WBN 6000-28 H, 28 kW, single circuit
1. WARM AUROS KA11224
The WARM brand appeared in 2016, but has already established itself in the domestic market. The recognized leader in our ranking of the top 10 best gas boilers is the Auros model. It has the best value for money, has high performance. The closed combustion chamber makes it absolutely safe to use.
The equipment is designed for home heating, there are 3 power options – 12, 24 and 30 kW in single-circuit and double-circuit versions. Heated area – up to 280 square meters. You can install several boilers in a cascade. Productivity is very high, efficiency up to 93%.
The boiler is assembled by hand at the plant in St. Petersburg, each component is 100% tested. European components (unlike many manufacturers that have become essentially China) and increased heat exchangers provide a long service life.
- Low price compared to boilers of this quality level;
- Powers 12, 24 and 30 kW;
- The size of the heat exchanger is 15% larger than competitors, which increases the service life;
- Plate heat exchanger of double-circuit models of increased volume;
- Built-in surge protection (the board will not burn out during power surges);
- Security systems in accordance with Russian and European standards;
- If necessary, a boiler can be connected to single-circuit models thanks to the built-in three-way valve;
- Extended warranty up to 3 years (when concluding a maintenance contract);
- Assembled from components of leading European manufacturers;
- Each component of the boiler is 100% tested;
- Reliable assembly according to German technology “1 master – 1 boiler”;
- Compact size, stylish design.
- Not yet a well-known brand.
WARM AUROS KA11224
In conclusion, useful videos
It is necessary to select a gas boiler in 2022 depending on a number of factors, the main one being the heated area, and then all other parameters go. In our rating, we tried to consider all the main parameters of this equipment so that the reader understands what exactly to look for when buying it. We hope that the information turned out to be useful for you, you can share your impressions about the rating itself and about the model you like in the comments to this article.