An electric grill is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used not only to fry meat or other foods, but also to steam. Many devices are suitable for home use, and are applicable in country houses. There are quite a few varieties of models, so first let’s figure out what electric grills are:
- Universal, closed or open. With the help of the former, you can choose the most suitable method of cooking, closed models resemble a press that allow you to cook food in the same way as in an ordinary oven or oven. For open devices, the working surface is located directly above the infrared type heating element;
- Contact and non-contact – everything is clear here: in the first case, the products are in contact with the heating element, in the second such contact is not provided;
- Stationary and portable, and the first are not only desktop, but also floor. Portable can be used for trips to nature;
- The material from which the work surface is made is steel, glass-ceramic or cast iron. Glass ceramics are easy to clean, but fragile enough, so they are purchased the least often. The most versatile and durable is a metal model equipped with a non-stick coating, moreover, the price of a grill with such a surface is not too high;
- The body can be made of plastic or stainless steel. In the first case, the device will be characterized by a low price, but not very good quality, the stainless case will last much longer.
What parameters are considered when buying an electric grill?
Despite the fact that there are a large number of such devices on sale today, buying the most suitable one is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. There are a number of recommendations given by experts that help you choose a quality product at a very suitable cost:
- There must be a lever on the surface of the body that is responsible for adjusting the temperature, since different dishes require different degrees of heating of the heating element;
- It will not be superfluous to have an LED indicator indicating that the power supply is on;
- The average grill power is in the range of 1.5-1.7 kW, however, for a complete frying of meat, it is better to buy devices with the same indicator from 2 to 2.5 kW;
- If financial resources allow, it does not hurt to take a model equipped with the function of maintaining the required temperature;
- The tray must be removed, otherwise it will make it difficult to clean the appliance after cooking is completed;
- The working surface should be smooth – this also facilitates the use of the product;
- If the height of the legs and the lid is adjustable, this will make the operation of the structure even more convenient;
- A non-stick coating can be provided if you plan to steam food;
- An electric grill must be equipped with a protection system against overheating, increased loads, and so on.
We have tried to compile the most complete rating of the best electric grills so that it is easy for the reader to decide on the choice of device. The review was compiled not only on the basis of the key characteristics of the device, but also on the basis of user reviews, so only the most popular products were included in it.
List of the best electric grill models in 2022
10. Clatronic MG 3519
Our rating is opened by a quite budget model from a Chinese manufacturer. Despite the fact that the power of the product is not too high – only 700 W, it can be used to completely fry small steaks or chops, cook fish or hot sandwiches. This grill has a wide variety of functions and a small work surface, which is 23×14.5 cm. It is a closed type device with a stainless steel body.
It is worth noting that the case is quite easily soiled – fingerprints almost immediately remain on it, so it will have to be cleaned regularly. An operation indicator is provided, there is a metal handle for transferring – it will practically not heat up during operation, but it is better not to touch the rest of the surfaces of the model. Internal cleaning is carried out first with soft fabric materials, and then they are carried out with a special tool. The product has a non-stick coating, a latch on one side only.
- Quickly warms up to operating temperature;
- Small overall dimensions;
- All dishes are juicy;
- Two work surfaces, each of which heats up during operation, fit snugly on the food being prepared.
- It doesn’t wash off as easily as we would like;
- The fat tray is not securely fastened;
- Glides on the surface of the table;
- In the case of cooking without oil, the food may burn badly.
Clatronic MG 3519
9. Maxwell MW-1960ST
This is a fairly powerful device with which you can thoroughly fry thick pieces of meat – this figure is 2 kW, two containers for collecting fat are included. The working surface has a Teflon coating that protects it from sticking products. The lid has a latch, unfolds 180 degrees. In case of overheating, the product automatically turns off, which makes it completely safe to use. It heats up within seconds, so you can quickly start cooking.
The meat is well-done without foreign odors, you can easily steam vegetables, fish. Cleaning the surfaces is simple – just wipe them with a dry soft cloth, and then walk with a damp sponge and detergent.
- Very clear management;
- Fast preparation of any dishes;
- Low cost;
- High build quality;
- Small overall dimensions.
- The top surface is very hot, which is why there is a chance of getting burned;
- Short power cord.
8. Tefal Optigrill+ GC712
The appearance of this device is very attractive. It gives the impression of a well-made technique, and the engineers did a good job on its functional side and ergonomics. The device, even when opened, stands securely and steadily on the table surface. It is equipped with powerful rubberized legs and has excellent balance. The case is made of high quality plastic and stainless steel inserts. The control panel is located on the front side of the structure. The handle is made of heat-resistant plastic, it practically does not heat up during operation, so you can not be afraid to get burned. On the panel there are buttons for turning on, selecting operating modes, setting manual control, there is an LED indication of the degree of readiness of products.
Under the bottom panel there is a special compartment designed to collect dripping liquid and fat. The element protrudes slightly beyond the body, so you can always see how full it is. The bowl itself corresponds in width to the working panels, so all liquids will drain into it. Its volume is quite enough for the preparation of several portions of wet food at once. Removable work area panels are made from aluminum alloy that conducts heat well and are treated with non-stick agents. It is easy to control the device – this is done using membrane-type buttons. Each of them has an icon depicting the type of product being prepared. The temperature regime can be changed depending on the needs. The device requires some maintenance. After finishing work, you need to wait until the device has completely cooled down – it takes about an hour, then remove the panels and wash them with liquid detergent or load them into the dishwasher.
- To date, this is one of the best models of contact type electric grills;
- Perfectly copes with any products;
- All removable parts can be washed in the dishwasher;
- The product independently determines the degree of readiness depending on the thickness of the pieces;
- LED indication and sound signaling are provided, which accompany each of the stages;
- The set includes a baking sheet for preparing snacks and confectionery.
- Pretty high cost;
- Cools down for a long time.
Electric grill Tefal Optigrill+ GC712
7. Kitfort KT-1645
With the help of such a grill at home, you can cook delicious sandwiches, hot sandwiches, croutons, meat, poultry, vegetables and even seafood. The device has wide functionality. In particular, it can be used both with the lid open and with the lid open. In the first case, the grill turns into a full-fledged brazier, and the products can be placed on both surfaces, since both of them will be heated to the same temperature. However, in this case, the dishes will have to be turned over regularly. With the lid closed, you get a full-fledged grill, which is perfect for making burger patties, frying hot dogs, and so on.
The heating level is set using a mechanical rotary knob connected to a thermostat. It will keep the temperature at the set level. The manual contains a table showing the ratio of the selected operating mode and temperature. The red LED indicator will inform you that the grill is still warming up, as soon as the green one lights up, the products can be laid out on the work surface. The panels have a non-stick coating, so there is no need to use a large amount of oil. Excess juice and fat flow through special grooves into a reservoir specially designed for them.
- Very easy to use – for all actions there is one thermostat;
- Can be used as a grill or roaster;
- Contact panels quickly warm up to the required temperature;
- The device is suitable for working with a wide variety of food products;
- The worktops have a non-stick coating – there is no need to use a lot of oil.
- The panels are non-removable, but they can be easily cleaned with ordinary paper towels;
- Short power cord;
- The top cover heats up noticeably.
Electric Grill Kitfort KT-1645
6. REDMOND SteakMaster RGM-M805
Outwardly, this device is very similar to a solid and massive device. In principle, this is not without reason: the model turned out to be very heavy for the developers, but at the same time it looks quite elegant. It has elegant flowing shapes, a lot of chrome-plated elements that give the device an additional appeal. The surface of the hinged lid is metal, during operation it can get quite hot, which the manufacturer honestly warns about. The bottom panel of the grill is equipped with anti-slip feet, made of black glossy plastic, and there is also a compartment for storing the power cord. The control panel includes ten mechanical buttons and four LED-type indicators at once. The grill lid is fixed on the base with hinges. There is also a floating mount that allows the working area to adjust to the thickness of the pieces.
The device has a special sensor that measures this parameter and sets the frying temperature depending on the data received. Working panels are made of aluminum alloy, have a non-stick coating. They are removable, so cleaning them of accumulated juice or fat is quite easy. The buttons are pressed with a characteristic sound signal. Three of them are functional – turn on / off, select manual cooking mode and start the selected program, the rest allow you to select automatic mode. There are quite a few of them: defrosting or heating food; cooking bacon, sausages, meat, fish, poultry, cutlets. After the end of the program, a beep will sound, after which the device will turn itself off.
- Independently chooses the frying time depending on the thickness of the pieces;
- A large number of various automatic programs;
- There is a function of defrosting and heating;
- The heating plates can be removed if necessary.
- It is quite expensive.
Electric Grill REDMOND SteakMaster RGM-M805
5. GFgrill GF-100
Differs in insignificant overall dimensions that allows to use it in the conditions of close kitchen. On its working surface, three pork or beef steaks can easily fit at once. The grill has a non-stick coating of the working surface, the grates heat up very quickly – these features of the device allow you to cook dishes without using oil. The panels are not removable, which makes cleaning them difficult, especially since you have to wait until the device has completely cooled down.
The device during operation does not heat up the surrounding room much. It has a timer so you don’t have to watch it all the time. The opening handle does not heat up at all, so you can not be afraid to get burned. The device automatically adjusts to pieces of different thicknesses.
- Small overall dimensions;
- Fast food preparation;
- Possibility to fry without oil.
- In some models, the control starts to work incorrectly over time – the product turns on spontaneously, no symbols appear on the display;
- Panels are non-removable;
- The length of the power cable is only 0.8 meters.
4. Tefal Optigrill+XL GC722D34
One of the best models of electric grills presented in our today’s review, it ended up in fourth place only because of its high cost. Otherwise, this is an ideal design, its main distinguishing feature is the automatic determination of the degree of roasting of the steak. To do this, there is a sensor on the working surface that will change the cooking temperature of the dish depending on its thickness. The circular display shows the degree of doneness – from one to six.
Recently, the release of a modernized model with an increased area of u200bu200bworking plates, which are installed at a slight slope, was announced – excess fat is removed independently. In addition, a defrosting mode is provided, all cooking parameters can be adjusted in manual mode. There are nine automatic programs for different types of food – red or white meat, poultry, fish, sausages, sandwiches, burgers and so on. The kit does not include replacement panels.
- Very convenient to use;
- Removable elements that can be washed in the dishwasher;
- The presence of a significant number of indicators and sensors that allow you to automate the cooking process as much as possible;
- All dishes are tasty, if desired, you can make a crisp.
- High price;
- When cooking food in the room, appropriate smells appear;
- Sometimes indicators fail.
Tefal Optigrill+XL GC722D34
3. Delonghi Multigrill CGH 1030D
This is an electric contact type grill equipped with electronic control and corrugated plates (a set of flat plates is also included). You can cook not only meat, vegetables or sandwiches, but also waffles and other confectionery products. The device has an electronic display that displays all the necessary information. The device has automatic temperature control, which allows you to thoroughly fry the meat, each of the plates has its own temperature controller.
The grill has an appropriate application that allows you to control it and monitor the cooking process remotely, on the screen of your mobile phone. The fat collection tray is built-in, removable and can be washed in the dishwasher, like other removable parts of the device.
- Very beautiful appearance;
- A large number of functions;
- Several interchangeable panels;
- Can be used as an open grill;
- Adjustable height legs and lid.
- High price;
- Short power cord.
Delonghi Multigrill CGH 1030D
2. Tefal GC306012
According to user reviews, as well as in terms of price-quality ratio, the second place was rightfully taken by this particular model, which has a power of 2 kW. Cooking with it is much faster than in a frying pan. To make it as convenient as possible, the design provides for three positions of the panels, thanks to which the electric grill can be used as a barbecue, oven or grill itself. There are several temperature modes, they are set mechanically.
The case is made of combined materials, metal panels with non-stick coating. They are very easy to clean and, if necessary, can be removed and placed in the dishwasher. On the back side there are stands that allow you to store the device in an upright position – this helps to save free space in the kitchen.
- Easy to use;
- Removable panels;
- Large size of working surfaces;
- High power.
- Not detected.
1. Garlyn GL-200
The leader of our rating. The main distinguishing feature of the Garlyn electric grill is a fully touch control panel. It has 7 automatic cooking programs (including defrosting / warming up). The user selects the desired mode, and the device will give a signal about the readiness of the dish and turn off automatically. For those who like to independently track each stage, a manual mode is provided.
The degree of frying is also regulated in the control unit. The colored indicator scale shows at what stage the product is. What is important – having reached the desired degree of roasting, the device will turn off on its own.
The grill plates are removable and equipped with TwinMax double non-stick coating. You can cook without using oil and wash the panels in the dishwasher. The heating elements are built into the plates, thanks to which the device quickly reaches the operating temperature and does not lose heat.
The die-cast metal housing adds reliability to the grill, and to the buyer the confidence that the device will last for many years. The grease tray at the front of the electric grill will help keep your kitchen clean.
- 7 automatic cooking programs;
- Double non-stick coating;
- Removable plates can be washed in the dishwasher;
- The heating element is built into the work surface;
- Adjustment of the degree of roasting;
- Cast metal body.
- There is no “open grill” function.
In conclusion, useful videos about the selection and cooking process on electric grills
So, you have read our review of the best electric grills in 2022 that you can find on sale today. We hope it helped you find the most suitable equipment for your needs and purposes. You can share your impressions regarding the model you like in particular and the entire rating in general in the comments to the article.