We present you the latest model of the robot vacuum cleaner from the Japanese company Iplusrobotics – iPlus S5. With its help, you can not only clean the floor surface from various kinds of contaminants, but also ionize the air in the room. At the same time, these two works are carried out thanks to a special air filter located in the upper part of the housing. One of the cool advantages of the iPlus S5 robot vacuum cleaner is the ability to connect to a smartphone via a mobile application and control cleaning from anywhere in the world! You can also set the robot cleaner to automatically clean on a daily schedule or only on a specific day of the week.
Each person is aware that there are a lot of harmful microbes and pathogenic bacteria in the air that he breathes, and ionization helps to get rid of them quickly and effectively. In addition, this vacuum cleaner managed to become famous among consumers for the presence of a brushless inverter-type electric motor. Due to it, a sufficiently large suction power is provided. You can control such a gadget using a special application installed on a smartphone or tablet. The floor surface is additionally disinfected by an ultraviolet lamp, which makes the vacuum cleaner suitable for people with allergies.
What is included?
Together with the vacuum cleaner itself, we found the following items in the package:
- Removable air purification system, which is a block mounted on the top panel of the device;
- Base where the battery is charged;
- Adapter for connection to a household power supply;
- Remote control for model;
- Virtual wall;
- Several napkins made of microfiber – a special material that carefully collects dust from any surface;
- Spare side brushes;
- A reservoir for liquid, with the help of which wet cleaning is carried out;
- Instructions for safe use with warranty card.
robot vacuum cleaner iPlus S5
The appearance of this robot vacuum cleaner can be defined as universal, strict and rather concise. The device looks very modern, it will organically fit into any interior of an apartment or office. The case is made of plastic, it has a black color. The shape is more like a tablet – if you look at the product from above, it may seem that it is completely round.
On top there is a digital display that will reflect the operating mode of the equipment, the time until the completion of the battery charging process. Here are all the main control buttons for the vacuum cleaner. On the front side, there are ventilation holes around the entire perimeter. There is also a special rubberized bumper that protects the main body of the structure from damage in the event of a collision with a wall. The developers have provided sensors that allow the robot to move in complete darkness. The dust collector is also removed from the side, instead of it, if necessary, a tank filled with water is installed.
From the bottom side, everything is quite standard – here you can find contact pads, brushes that allow you to actively collect dust and debris from any surface, both smooth and fleecy. In addition, there is a compartment for installing the battery, a roller that provides rotation of the vacuum cleaner around its axis, side wheels equipped with a special protector of increased softness. This solution allows the device not to leave marks even on such delicate material as carpet. There are special fasteners for microfiber napkins. The button for turning the device on and off is also located in this part of the device, although for most similar products it is located somewhere on the side.
We did not find any protruding elements during the visual inspection of the robot. The body color is rich and very bright. The container, if necessary, is very easy to remove. We cannot present any complaints either in relation to the build quality or to the materials from which the vacuum cleaner is made. The plastic is very pleasant to the touch, the paint layer is carefully applied, there are no sags or scratches, we also did not smell an extraneous smell. All moving parts rotate smoothly, no extraneous sounds are emitted.
robot vacuum cleaner iPlus S5
Main features – ionization function
The room air is additionally cleaned by this robot using a special HEPA-14 – a special filter, which, as it gets dirty, is simply removed from the housing and washed under running water without the use of detergents. It is removed with ease, no effort is needed, although it is fixed quite tightly on the case.
The vacuum cleaner has a fine filtration system, thanks to which even the air passing through it becomes perfectly clean – particles with a minimum size of 0.03 microns are removed from it. The power index is very high, which allows the device to thoroughly clean both smooth and carpeted surfaces – animal hair, sand, human hair and almost all dust are completely removed from them.
Air purification technology implies that the vacuum cleaner filters it not only next to itself, but also evenly throughout the space, additionally saturating it with negatively charged ions, which has a positive effect on human health. With it, you can easily get rid of even the most pungent odors. The ionization module is installed on the body of the robot very easily – you just need to bring it to the body, and magnets are used as fasteners, respectively, the process of its installation will take only a few seconds.
robot vacuum cleaner iPlus S5
Useful characteristics of brushes
The largest brush, which has a hard pile located on it in a spiral, is responsible for optimal cleaning of the surface. Such a constructive solution allows it to penetrate deep into the pile of rugs, carpets and traditional carpets. A Push&Brush brush is also installed here, which has a combined coating and can rotate at a considerable speed. This helps to quickly and efficiently get rid of litter and dust.
Due to the original shape of the brush, the air flow is strictly directed, due to which there is practically no loss in power. In addition, this solution allows you to significantly increase the cleaning efficiency itself. The vacuum cleaner has an ultra-light brush, made in the shape of the letter V, characterized by an original combination of bristles. She calmly passes the wires laid out on the floor, the hair does not wind around her, the bristles slip through and go into the trash compartment.
While testing this device, we conducted experiments with buckwheat and rice – we scattered a small amount of cereal and sent the robot to clean it up. He coped with buckwheat almost instantly – he quickly sucked it into himself, but left a few grains, which he hunted for several minutes later. Rice turned out to be much more difficult, perhaps due to the rounded shape of its grains. He ran into the croup sideways, because of which it scattered in different directions. The robot had to spend about 10 minutes to collect the bulk, but the quality of cleaning left much to be desired – a few grains remained in the corners of the room.
However, in favor of this model, it should be said that it will clean until the battery is completely discharged, it will pass through the same place several times, using several modes of operation, including along the baseboards and until it collects debris. This ensures high performance indicators of the device, regardless of its field of application.
robot vacuum cleaner iPlus S5
Compressor and battery features
Cleaning is very thorough, largely due to a very powerful compressor, which at the same time works relatively quietly, relative to competitors. Also, a similar design will last much longer compared to a traditional device, due to the high quality of the components. Small debris is pulled into the container from the slots at high speed due to the fact that the motor speed can reach about 1200 rpm.
The robot vacuum cleaner is equipped with a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 3450 mAh. According to the manufacturer, the battery has no memory effect, and it is designed for a thousand charge-discharge cycles.
iPlus S5 Key Performance Features
The design has the following parameters:
- It can clean a room with a total area of about 160-180 sq.m;
- In autonomous mode, on a full battery charge, the robot can clean for a maximum of two and a half hours;
- The mass of the equipment is about 4 kg;
- The height of the model is 69 mm, which allows the device to penetrate even under low pieces of furniture;
- The diameter is 300 mm, so the vacuum cleaner provides a decent width of one cleaning strip;
- A fully discharged battery takes 3.5 hours to charge;
- In total, the robot vacuum cleaner has six main modes of operation;
- The maximum suction power is 1600 RA;
- The capacity of the compartment for dust and dirt – 600 ml;
- The noise emitted during operation does not exceed 55 dB;
- Decent battery capacity of lithium-ion type.
In what modes does it work?
As mentioned earlier, the vacuum cleaner has a total of six modes of operation:
- Automatic, when the device moves along the route laid by itself;
- Spot – in this case, the robot, as a result of scanning the floor surface, determines which places are the most polluted, and directs all its efforts to work with them;
- Work on cleaning the perimeter of the room – the vacuum cleaner runs strictly along the walls and performs a thorough cleaning in the area of u200bu200bthe baseboards, along the furniture. In front of various obstacles, in order to prevent a collision with them, the device slows down the speed of movement;
- There is a possibility of a delayed start. The vacuum cleaner will start cleaning at the set time, for example, when all people are at work. They will return to a clean apartment.
The vacuum cleaner can move in a spiral, starting from the center of the room and gradually moving towards the walls. In this case, the spiral will not necessarily have the shape of a circle. We conducted an experiment during the test: we made the robot clean up in a square and rectangular room. If in a square one he quickly determined the center and began to move in a circle, then in a rectangular one it took him some time, and the trajectory of movement acquired the shape of an ellipse.
Due to the presence of a huge number of sensors, the vacuum cleaner easily goes around obstacles that it is not able to drive under. Another cleaning option is to move in a zigzag or snake. In this case, the device starts from the shortest wall of the room and moves from one end wall to the other, gradually approaching the opposite end of the room.
robot vacuum cleaner iPlus S5
The height of the vacuum cleaner body is only 7 cm (for most similar devices, this figure is much higher – from 7.5 to 12 cm), so the robot easily penetrates under furniture and other hard-to-reach places, removing even stubborn dirt from there. Unfortunately, the air purification module also has a decent height, so during standard cleaning it will not be possible to use the ionizer, because because of it the vacuum cleaner will not be able to reach hard-to-reach places.
The main tier is made of glossy plastic, so you will have to keep an eye on its cleanliness, especially after it cleans under pieces of furniture. It should also be noted that although most of the hair will slip into the dust collection compartment, hair that is too long (for women, they often just do) will still be wound around the brush. Cleaning them is not very easy due to the presence of plastic membranes on the brush itself.
The second tier of the vacuum cleaner is equipped with a grid of small holes, so it almost always looks clean. After each week of operation of the robot vacuum cleaner, it is necessary to carry out general cleaning of the side surface and bottom. The fact is that dirt will still accumulate there, which the vacuum cleaner could not suck into the dust compartment.
During the tests, we decided to send the vacuum cleaner to the kitchen, especially since a decent amount of dirt accumulates there. Literally right away, we were disappointed in this regard – the vacuum cleaner could not penetrate under the kitchen set, respectively, the floors there remained dirty. Wet cleaning was also somewhat disappointing – it manifested itself in the kitchen. The vacuum cleaner began to carry water across the floor, unable to cope with greasy stains in the area of u200bu200bthe stove. However, the device jumps over low thresholds with ease. There is really very little noise from it: we decided to carry out cleaning at a time when a child was sleeping in the next room. For two hours of operation of the device, no discomfort was caused to him.
The device is reliably protected from falling – a system of special sensors is responsible for this moment, which detect an obstacle at a distance of about 8 cm. The cleaner slows down as it approaches it, and, being next to it with other sensors, determines its value, after which it decides overcome it or not. After the end of the cleaning process, the vacuum cleaner automatically returns to the base and starts charging the battery if its energy level is not enough.
Well, here we come to the most interesting part of our review of the cutting-edge robot vacuum cleaner – summing up. So, according to the results of testing the device at home, we were able to determine the positive and negative aspects associated with this gadget. Let’s start with the benefits:
- Very interesting appearance and compact overall dimensions (if you do not take into account the presence of an air ionizer);
- A high level of battery power, allowing you to cope with a decent area in one charge;
- The dust collector is equipped with three filters at once, which helps to remove almost all dust, germs and other contaminants from the air of the room;
- A decent amount of dust collector, despite the fact that the model is small;
- The presence of a removable module responsible for air filtration;
- A huge number of different sensors and sensors that allow not only to carry out high-quality cleaning, but also to keep the device itself intact, protect it from falls and collisions;
- The ultraviolet lamp disinfects the cleaned surface;
- Carefully thought-out shape of brushes;
- You can control the device using a special remote control that comes with the product, through a smartphone or touch buttons located on the case;
- Decent airflow capacity and, despite this, a fairly quiet operation.
- The robot has a function when you can turn off the collision sensors, and it will come close to obstacles, in this case only the bumper works. After contact with an obstacle, the robot changes direction.
We still have to say a few words about the negative aspects of this device:
- Quite high cost of the unit;
- Wet cleaning proved to be far from the best side;
- During dry cleaning, it does not always cope with large sloping dirt;
- In the process of testing, we recorded one case when the device did not return to the base after completion of work. The same difficulty with returning to the base from the far room is present in many robotic vacuum cleaners.
In the bottom line, we can say that we recommend this device for use, since, in our opinion, the number of positive aspects associated with it and found by us during its testing in operation significantly exceeded the negative qualities.
robot vacuum cleaner iPlus S5