More and more smokers prefer electronic cigarettes, which cause less damage to health. This is due to the fact that no combustion processes occur in e-cigarettes, which means that tar and carcinogens do not penetrate into the lungs. The smoker becomes saturated with nicotine by inhaling the vapor into which the liquid for electronic cigarettes turns, and therefore it is important to choose the right one.
How are liquids different?
In English, liquid for electronic cigarettes is called “e-liquid”, which can literally be translated as “electronic liquid”, but this element can also be found under the slang name “liquid”.
Its main differences lie in the following three factors:
- The content of nicotine, because if it is not there, then the smoking process itself will not give the smoker any satisfaction. This principle is similar to the principle of nicotine content in conventional cigarettes. You can find light e-liquid, super light, medium and strong. These characteristics directly depend on how much nicotine is contained in the liquid. You can also find such a liquid that does not contain nicotine, it is preferred by those who simply “dabble” in a modern invention.
- Availability of different flavors. Mostly, these are fruit and berry flavors, but you can also find liquid with the taste of Coca-Cola, barberry or ordinary tobacco. In addition, natural (organic) and synthesized flavors are distinguished. They are made on the same principle as food flavorings, but the cost of organic e-liquid will be higher due to its naturalness.
- The composition for all types of liquid, regardless of the manufacturer, brand, taste, nicotine content, should be the same, namely: propylene glycol (PG), glycerin (VG), distilled water (AD).
The best e-liquid brands
Each brand of e-liquid has its pros and cons:
- Joyetech (Dzhoytek) – is the leader in sales in the world market. The main difference between this brand and all the others is the control over the manufacture of liquid for e-cigarettes at every stage. The liquid of this brand not only passes control at each stage of production, but is also tested with the participation of pharmacists. Each composition of the liquid has its own line, which helps to achieve a “clean” taste without impurities. The most popular liquids from this manufacturer are cherry, tobacco, and blackberry flavored.
- Savourea – this liquid manufacturer positions its products as a premium class. This type of liquid is produced in the laboratory of pharmacists, which is located in France. Feature – a wide range of different flavors. It is important to note here that the composition of the produced liquid, although it meets the basic requirements, has many additives, which makes the taste of the liquid from this manufacturer more intense and original.
- Vardex (Vardeks) – the production and bottling of this liquid is controlled by the manufacturer Joytek (world leader). But, in this case, the range of flavors is limited, but more interesting. Only from this manufacturer you can find the most extraordinary mixed tastes.
- Safe Liq (Seyflik) is a Russian manufacturer, and compared to the types of liquids for e-cigarettes already described, this option is cheaper. A distinctive feature of safelik liquids is interesting mixed flavors that differ in an average degree of saturation, so you should not expect a pure taste of tobacco from this brand. Of the tobacco flavors, the most popular are French pipe, golden ducat and Kent (despite the name, this taste has nothing to do with cigarettes of the same name). From non-tobacco flavors, we can distinguish the liquid “green apple”, “tahiti” and “freedom”.
- Red Smokers Corsar (Red Smokers Corsair) – these liquids are also produced in Russia and are distinguished by their low price. A distinctive feature of the manufacturer is its own line of flavors. But, there is also a minus: due to the fact that the liquid contains a high concentration of aromatic components, the e-cigarette vaporizer quickly fails.
- Vape Wild (Vape Wild) – American premium e-liquid: excellent e-liquid quality, excellent flavor transfer, thick vapor clouds. It is purchased by the owners of electronic cigarettes with a drip atomizer that can convey the maximum taste and produce a lot of vapor, because this liquid copes with these tasks by 100%. This liquid is not suitable for clearomizers!
How to decide on the taste of liquid for electronic cigarettes?
The most important advantage of e-liquid is the variety of flavors, which are much more than regular cigarettes. You can find fruit-berry flavors, beverage flavors and even famous desserts (eg tiramisu). Of course, choosing one or another taste, first of all, everyone is guided by their preferences. But, there are some recommendations that may simplify the choice:
- Each manufacturer has its own “branded” tastes, therefore, first of all, it is worth focusing on the most popular lines of tastes of a particular manufacturer.
- For those who have just started smoking e-cigarettes, it is recommended to choose tobacco flavors, which will facilitate the transition from regular cigarettes to e-cigarettes. If there is no desire to try tobacco flavors, it is still recommended to purchase two different liquids. One liquid with a tobacco flavor, the other with a fruity one. You can compare them and decide what you like best.
- Don’t get hung up on just one flavor you like. Often changing tastes, you can figure out which composition you like best, and which liquid is worth buying in the future.
Choosing the strength of nicotine in e-liquid
E-liquid nicotine strength is the amount of nicotine in milligrams per milliliter of e-liquid, expressed as mg/mL. This nicotine is found in the vapor that a smoker inhales while using an electronic cigarette. Liquid bottles indicate how many milligrams are contained in one milliliter of liquid. For example, a 10ml bottle of 18mg/ml will have 180mg of nicotine in liquid.
To understand which fortress is right for you, you should track how many milliliters of liquid are consumed over a given period of time (for example, per day). The average fluid consumption per day is 1 milliliter (taking into account the strength of 18 mg / ml). That is, it is 18 milligrams of nicotine, which is not fully absorbed by the body. The body absorbs up to 50% of nicotine. It all depends on how a person smokes and on the individual characteristics of his body.
Based on these indicators, everyone chooses for himself a comfortable strength of liquid for electronic cigarettes, which in turn can be:
- 0 mg/ml – which means the complete absence of nicotine in the liquid. This option is suitable for those smokers who have got rid of nicotine addiction, but are still psychologically attached to the very process of smoking.
- 1.5 mg/ml – suitable for those who almost got rid of nicotine addiction.
- 3 mg/ml – the most popular nicotine content, which is preferred by most vapers.
- 8 mg/ml – Suitable for those smokers who are just going to tie up with their bad habit.
- 12 mg/ml is the average value preferred by regular cigarette smokers.
- 18 mg/ml – this is already a fairly strong indicator that is suitable for smokers with an experience of 10 years or more.
- 24 mg/ml – a very strong liquid, which is chosen by heavy smokers.
- 36 mg/ml – the highest strength of e-liquid, the concentration of flavors is reduced in the composition, and the concentration of nicotine is increased.
Vaper Video Tips
An experienced vaper (as those who use electronic cigarettes are called) tells what you need to pay attention to when choosing an e-liquid for e-cigarettes, using his extensive experience and vaping experience. In this video, not only tips on choosing a liquid for beginners, but also an overview of some types of liquids – their pros, cons and personal impressions:
For the most part, the choice of liquid for e-cigarettes is a purely individual task. But in order to choose high-quality products, it is necessary to have knowledge about what liquids are, what is their peculiarity, because this “detail” of a cigarette provides the entire smoking process, and the liquid will also get inside the body, which means it must be of high quality.