The current market for cordless telephones is filled with various wireless communication devices, each of which is unique and has its own advantages over other models from different manufacturers. In such a quantitative model range, it is sometimes difficult to orient both a specialist and a simple layman. Consider what criteria it is better to choose a radiotelephone.
Criteria for choosing a radiotelephone for the home
At a time when there is a very large spread of mobile phones, radiotelephones do not lose their relevance. Handsets that are not “tied” to a telephone set with a cord serve their owners with high quality, because this type of communication is much cheaper than mobile communication.
But making a choice of a radiotelephone is sometimes quite difficult due to their huge number. Consider the main criteria that you should pay attention to when buying:
- Rational communication range. The range of a stable connection with the base for each radiotelephone is different and depends on many factors: the location of the base phone, the presence of high-rise buildings or other artificial barriers to radio waves. As a rule, in many devices, the communication radius allows you to confidently receive and make calls within the apartment. In open areas, this radius increases several times and reaches 300 m. In some models, this figure is increased to 1,500 m.
- Radio frequency selection. All radiotelephones operate in 3 radio frequency bands:
- 1800-1900 MHz is the most common and safe frequency, excluding unauthorized connection of a third-party subscriber, the maximum possible reliable reception radius is up to 400 m;
- 800-1000 MHz, the radius of confident operation of the handset from the base unit is up to 1,500 m;
- 30-40 MHz, a convenient operating range for a handset within an apartment, summer cottage or garden plot.
- Standard DECT. The DECT digital standard (English abbreviation) is the most common wireless communication technology in Europe in the 1880-1900 MHz range due to its high quality of communication. These indicators include:
- high-quality protection against “wiretapping” of conversations by a third party;
- the possibility of using several handsets from one base;
- high quality of incoming sound vibrations;
- using the base of the device as a home mini-PBX;
- transmission of information in digital form;
- the ability to assign a handset to several devices of the same type with different numbers (this function is applicable in the country house, in the office, since the handset will independently “reconfigure” to receive calls from a nearby installed phone).
- Number of tubes. The most rational use of a cordless telephone at home is with 3 handsets. In this case, only one is used in the city network, since there is only one communication channel. Simultaneous use of 3 handsets is possible in the form of a conference between family members.
Tubes are purchased together with the base or separately.
- Battery capacity. The handset, like a mobile phone, requires periodic recharging. A good battery ensures the operation of the handset in standby mode without recharging for 2 days, in the conversation stage one charge is enough for 12-13 hours of continuous operation. When buying a radiotelephone, it is necessary to take into account the duration of possible conversations without recharging and purchase a battery with a larger capacity.
- Display. Each handset of the radiotelephone is equipped with a display. When choosing a phone and handsets for home use, it is recommended to pay attention to the screen size, the ability to change the font size, and the backlight level.
- Additional functionality of the radiotelephone. The radiotelephone will bring even more pleasure from use if it has the maximum possible set of additional functions:
- automatic caller ID – determines the number by an incoming call before picking up the handset, and installing an additional adapter purchased separately from the phone will allow you to identify calls from all European countries;
- search for a pipe from the base – allows you to determine the location of the handset in case of accidental “loss” by a signal sent from the base;
- phone number book – each phone can store up to 200 frequently used contacts, and in some handsets at one address you can accumulate useful information about the presence of a mobile, service number, etc .;
- call log – automatic saving of dialed and received calls;
- speakerphone – when using this function, there is no need to hold the receiver with your hands during a conversation;
- auto redial – repeating a call by simply pressing a key that does not require re-typing the order of the subscriber’s digits;
- answering machine – receiving and saving received messages in the absence of the owner near the phone;
- “Baby Call” function – assigning a certain key on the handset remote control to a specific number, which is acceptable for children, the elderly (it allows you to make a quick call to a specific subscriber by pressing one key).
This video shows an example of choosing a radiotelephone in a specialized store with a clear explanation of what points you need to pay attention to when buying.
Varieties of modern phones
Each buyer, choosing a radiotelephone, focuses on the technical capabilities of a particular model:
- Modifications of the budget option with simplified technical capabilities:
- basis functions;
- small, gray backlit display screen;
- phone book for 50 subscribers;
- repeating the last dialed number;
- automatic caller ID;
- tube search.
- Modifications of the middle class, which have more advanced functions in comparison with the budget option:
- color illuminated display screen, key illumination;
- capacious, for several hundred numbers, phone book;
- answering machine;
- the ability to dial a number both on the handset and on the base unit;
- automatic voice caller ID of an incoming call;
- alarm clock.
- High-class modifications have improved technical capabilities of the middle class:
- color, high-resolution displays of increased size;
- advanced functions of the phone book: it is possible to enter several different information into an entry for one subscriber;
- Bluetooth, USB, the ability to connect to a personal computer;
- the function of downloading photos, favorite melodies, viewing and listening to them.
- Elite class modifications. They have a modern design appearance, a high-strength case made of innovative materials. In addition to the characteristics of high-end models, they additionally have:
- range up to 15 km in the presence of free space without interference after installing an additional antenna at a height;
- in urban areas, the range is increased to 1,500 m;
- unlimited number of handsets connected to one base.
- Radiotelephones for special purposes. They have all the technical capabilities of high-end models and additional functions:
- connection of two or more communication channels;
- the presence of an additional tube;
- support for IP-telephony, Internet;
- connection of office equipment: fax, printer.
World-famous firms in Germany, South Korea and Japan are leaders in the production of high-quality modern digital cordless phones. Although some of the presented brands are produced in China, their products meet international standards and are in natural consumer demand.
Consider some models and their technical characteristics:
- Brand products “Panasonic“. The undisputed world leader in radio electronic products. Cordless phones of this brand have gained recognition and well-deserved fame of consumers due to the high quality of their products, an extensive range of models with a large number of functions at a relatively low price.
All models are produced in the European DECT digital standard with the Android operating system. In addition to the standard set of using the operating range, Panasonic produces radiotelephones with an operating range of 2.4 GHz, ahead of all competitors in this parameter.
For use within an apartment or a suburban area, inexpensive and reliable devices of this brand 1025, 1205, 1225 have proven themselves better. For communication up to 0.5 km, it is better to use models 1405 and 1455. All these devices are oriented for use in Russia.
The video below shows an example of a Panasonic cordless phone (model KX-TG2511RUM). The purpose and rules for using the keys, the features of the first inclusion and settings are explained.
- Brand “Siemens“. The only product that can compete on equal terms with Panasonic. A large collection of radiotelephones allows you to satisfy the most unlucky consumer requirements: from the simple budget version of the A160 model with one handset to the most refined tastes, the model range of which is, for example, SL930A.
Cordless devices of the company in question of the latest model are mini ATS. Give the chance to use up to 6 handsets, 3 answering machines. There is a connector for connecting office equipment and a PC, allowing you to operate the device like a regular smartphone.
Each model has a high quality touch screen installed, which has good compatibility with all applications.
- The company’s modelsLG Electronics“. All models of this company are adapted for operation in Russia: keys with the Russian alphabet, in the “fancy” models, voice prompts in Russian, detailed user instructions are available to everyone.
Radiotelephone instances operating in the 900 MHz band are LG 9760, 9772, 9780, which support 3 handsets. Installed liquid crystal indicators both on the handset and on the base. Panasonic and Siemens do not produce radiotelephones with such a range for Russia.
It is impossible to say that any radiotelephone is better than the others. Since each of the models from any manufacturer has some advantages and disadvantages. But, given their huge selection, the consumer can choose the best option for themselves, depending on their needs.