There are not so many parameters that should be considered when choosing a mouse. The main thing is to decide what you will use it for: for games or mainly for work. Please note that some characteristics are critical, and some parameters can be ignored.
- Body shape and weight. Perhaps the key parameter from which it is worth starting from the beginning. No matter how expensive and sophisticated the mouse is, all this will not matter if the device does not fit well in your hand. The shape, like the weight, is selected purely individually. Therefore, before buying, it is advisable to hold the device in your hand in order to approximately understand whether it will be comfortable for you to use it. It is worth noting that there are mice whose weight is adjustable. And the shape can be symmetrical or suitable only for right-handers or left-handers.
- Sensor type. There are optical and laser mice. Outwardly, they can be distinguished by looking under the manipulator. At the bottom of laser manipulators there is usually a red LED. The main advantage of the laser over optics is that the laser is unpretentious to the surface. And also it is more sensitive to the movement of the sensor. That’s why laser rodents are better suited for both gaming and office use.
Laser mouse or optical mouse – which is better?
- Connection type. Surely you are wondering which mouse is better: wired or wireless. Wired connection is more reliable. With it, the mouse will not be discharged and will not turn off at the wrong time. Wireless – convenient due to the fact that the mouse will be easy to carry within the workplace without getting tangled in wires. In this way, wired manipulators are suitable for gamers, wireless – for office tasks and connecting to laptops.
- Button type. In 2009, Apple introduced the first touch mouse, the Magic Mouse, which did not have mechanical buttons. Instead, the manipulator used multi-touch technology – that is, a capacitive touchpad. The scroll wheel and standard keys in this model have replaced gestures and taps on the body. Today, touch mice are also released, but due to the lack of recoil, they are not suitable for gaming. Therefore, if you want a “fashionable” mouse without buttons, take this one only for the office. When choosing a gaming device, pay attention to the resource of switches so that you do not have to use a mouse every year.
- DPI resolution. The maximum speed at which you can move the pointer (cursor). Marketers lure buyers with a high DPI without disclosing that this is actually a secondary characteristic. You will be able to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse, no matter what DPI it has: 400 or 16000. Unless you are a hardcore gamer, a high value of this parameter does not provide any advantage.
- Additional buttons. Needed to record game or office macros. For example, you can invent your own combinations or assign a ready-made combination to the mouse button to recharge weapons or a combination of Ctrl + C to copy text. For working with documents, additional keys are not always needed, for games – depending on what you play. For shooters, 2-4 buttons are enough, for MMORPGs, 12 will come in handy.
- Lighting and software. The backlight can be on both office and gaming mice. However, this feature does not carry any functional load – it’s just a beautiful effect, not at all the main one when choosing a manipulator for a PC. As for the software, support for separate software is useful for setting up additional keys, lighting, and user profiles. As a rule, this is necessary for different game modes and is of little use for office tasks.
Review of A4Tech Bloody game controllers: fast mice for gamers
- Equipment. Together with the mouse, a wire for charging or batteries can go, at most – interchangeable side panels with additional buttons. Another thing is a set of a mouse and keyboard. It can be both office and gaming models. Usually, buying two gadgets together is much more profitable than separatelyso if you need not only a mouse, but also a keyboard, try looking for complete options.
Which mouse to buy: model recommendations
Office mice have a simple and strict design. As a rule, such models do not have additional keys and any interesting backlighting, and the DPI resolution cannot be adjusted.
Logitech M170 Wireless Mouse
Buying a cheap office mouse is actually not that easy. There are models for 200 rubles, but they usually have a lot of problems due to poor build quality. This one costs more, about 900 rubles, but they hardly complain about it. The design is simple and versatile, the plastic is ordinary and does not smell, the keys are pressed clearly and do not “click” much. Connection type – wireless.
Xiaomi Mi Wireless Mouse 2
Still think Xiaomi only makes smartphones? No matter how. Here you have a budget model with a minimum of buttons and a maximum of ergonomics. The device is symmetrical and will fit both right-handed and left-handed people. This is a wireless gadget that connects via bluetooth (USB adapter), is equipped with an optical sensor and weighs only 82 grams. The device is very compact, so you can carry it with you everywhere. An AA battery is suitable as a power source.
Gaming mice have additional keys, bright backlighting, and fast, high-resolution sensors. We offer models that are suitable for games in shooters, MOBA, action and strategy.
Logitech G G102 Prodigy Black USB
Logitech is renowned for the high quality and low cost of its products. The G102 Prodigy is an affordable device with good hardware. For only 1700 rubles, you will get at your disposal a rodent with excellent switches and an accurate optical sensor. The weight of the device is only 85 grams! There is a backlight, which is configured in a proprietary utility. Despite the symmetrical shape, the mouse is only suitable for right-handers, since there are two side keys on the left side.
HyperX Pulsefire Surge
Unlike the previous model, here you will find a more accurate Pixart 3389 sensor and virtually indestructible switches rated for 50 million clicks. This resource will last you for many years. These two factors cause such a difference in price (a mouse will cost you almost 4,000 rubles). Otherwise, the devices are very similar – a symmetrical shape, the presence of backlighting and side keys located on the left side. It is also worth noting the weight, which here is 100 grams.
Razer DeathAdder Essential Black USB
Razer mice have always stood out from the competition with their ergonomics. The device has an asymmetric shape, which is made along the lines of the palm, so that the device fits snugly in the hand. True, only right-handed people can appreciate all the delights of ergonomics. On the left side, according to the traditions of the genre, there are two side keys, and the weight of the mouse is 96 grams. The functionality of this model is comparable to more expensive devices of this company. And don’t let 6400 DPI fool you.
Advanced gaming mice for RPG
We decided to separate role-playing mice into a separate category, because they have a large number of additional keys that can be used for macros. If you are not really an office clerk, but a wizard with a large arsenal of spells, pay attention to these models.
Razer Naga Trinity
The Razer Naga Trinity is a convertible mouse that takes the best from other Razer models. She has three interchangeable panels – with two, seven and twelve buttons. In fairness, the mouse is suitable for games of any genre: the ability to customize and save five different profiles makes it universal. However, please note that the mouse is only suitable for right-handers. And also pay attention to the rather large weight (120 grams).
Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Black
One of the most unusual devices in its ergonomics. A relatively small mouse that has a special extension for the ring finger: not everyone will like this. Nevertheless, the gadget has a suitable filling and is made of high-quality wear-resistant materials. The total number of keys is 20: with such success, you can do without a keyboard. Please note that the device is quite heavy: 133 grams. A controversial but attractive mouse.
More useful resources for gamers:
- The old man is still in business: top shooters for weak PCs
- 5 board games based on popular video games