People who prefer an active and healthy lifestyle often complain that they do not have the ability to control their body functions during sports or simple movement. The developers of high-tech equipment met them halfway and created original products – fitness bracelets. They differ from each other not only in cost and appearance, but also in workmanship, as well as in functionality.
In this regard, the GSMIN WR11 (2019) model stands out, which is distinguished by excellent build quality, has a very wide functionality and a rather attractive and stylish appearance. Although the first version of this device went on sale a few years ago, this year it has undergone a significant update.
The functional side of the WR 11 fitness bracelet
The bracelet has at its disposal a wide range of basic and additional functions that will be very useful for various groups of people: experienced athletes, young people who lead an active lifestyle, as well as representatives of the middle and old age groups who pay special attention to their own health. The fact is that this gadget is able to read and independently analyze the electrocardiogram. With the help of the information obtained, it is possible to calculate the number of calories burned as accurately as possible and monitor the state of the body during rest.
The basis of the device is graphene, which many consider the material of the future. It easily conducts heat and electricity, so it is often used in the manufacture of electrical appliances. These factors make products based on it light, durable, flexible and not too expensive.
With overall dimensions of 250x21x13 mm, the bracelet weighs only 25 g, so it will hardly be felt on the wrist. Silicone strap gently fits the skin, does not pull it. The battery capacity is 90 mAh, which provides 6 days of use. The product has a Bluetooth 4.0 module, which allows it to be synchronized with various models of smartphones and tablets. The diagonal of the full-color display is 0.96 inches, and it also has a high level of clarity. It has good brightness, but in direct sunlight, not all data will be perfectly visible.
fitness bracelet GSMIN WR-11
This fitness bracelet has the following features that allow you to monitor the state of the body in real time:
- A pedometer of increased accuracy with the preservation of the number of kilometers traveled during the day;
- Calculation, as well as accounting for statistics of calories burned;
- The product of the analysis of the quality of sleep;
- There is a built-in alarm clock;
- If a person is in a stationary state for a long time, the device will remind him of the need for a physical workout;
- There is a reminder of the body’s need for fluid;
- Carrying out electrocardiography;
- You can calculate blood pressure, pulse, and this is done in real time;
- If the product is synchronized with the phone, then it will inform the owner about incoming calls, and all SMS messages will be displayed directly on the screen;
- It is possible to control the shutter of the camera of a mobile device;
- The screen turns on automatically when you raise your hand;
- The case is carefully protected from moisture – it is not sensitive to splashes, drops, water jets. In addition, the product is able to withstand short-term immersion in water to a depth of one meter;
- Data exchange with a mobile phone is almost instantaneous.
Appearance and scope of delivery
The WR11 fitness bracelet is designed in a rather restrained sporty style that borders on the classic. Its design is universal, so the products are perfect for both men and the fair sex. Overall dimensions are compact, so it looks quite neat on the hand. The body of the product is made of high-quality plastic with a matte finish, which will not show fingerprints and other contaminants. The screen is made on the basis of black glossy plastic, which is characterized by high strength properties. As mentioned earlier, the strap here is silicone – this material has excellent hypoallergenic characteristics, the clasp is made of metal.
The gadget is available in three colors – blue, black or purple. The packaging of the product also pleased – the fitness bracelet is placed in a round jar box, which is made of thin sheet metal. The device is fixed there with the help of polyurethane foam filler, which allows you to keep it in its original form even during long-term transportation.
The software allows you to work with operating systems of mobile devices based on Android version 4.4 and higher, iOS from 8.2. The company that created this product has developed a special application that allows you to set up and comfortably use this product. There is no Wi-Fi module here, which seemed not very convenient to us, since all updates have to be downloaded via a smartphone.
Original display GSMIN WR 11
The screen of production is full-color, has a touch part. It is covered with oleophobic materials, due to which the response to touch is almost instantaneous, besides, it does not leave any marks. All the necessary information is displayed here. You can activate the backlight of the display either with the help of a special key or by simply raising your hand. The font here is clear, carefully spelled out, the time will be very clearly visible – you don’t have to look closely, regardless of the lighting conditions, but the rest of the data is too small and cannot be seen in the sun.
fitness bracelet GSMIN WR-11
With an economical battery charge, the device can work for 10 days. If you regularly use such additional features as measuring heart rate, pressure and simply constantly accessing the gadget, then the service life of one charge is reduced to about 6-7 days. The battery charges quite quickly – it takes about 2-3 hours.
Sensor set WR 11
In order to calculate blood pressure and heart rate as accurately as possible, the product has an original PPG sensor. The principle of its operation is the use of photoplethysmographic technology. The amplitude of the pulse wave is measured in an optical format – this technology has been around for quite some time, but it began to be actively used a few years ago. If at first the measurements were not entirely accurate, then with the advent of miniature lasers and small computers, the task of measuring pulse and pressure was solved quickly and easily.
fitness bracelet GSMIN WR-11
How to properly monitor your health with this bracelet?
Today it has become very fashionable to adhere to a healthy lifestyle. This bracelet allows you to qualitatively measure all the main indicators of the body. For the elderly, you can use the function of measuring blood pressure at certain intervals, and each result will be stored in the memory of the bracelet and transferred to the application on the smartphone.
In case of lack of sleep or its violation, a person experiences constant fatigue, slows down the reaction, and so on. The bracelet measures the quality of sleep due to a number of factors – movements in a dream, pulse, acceleration, and so on. In addition, if you constantly monitor the parameter, then the measurements become more and more accurate. After some time, the application will begin to recommend to the user to do so that sleep becomes longer and more sound – in particular, go to bed earlier or sleep longer.
For a competent calculation of calories burned through the application, you will need to save data regarding the height, weight, gender and age of the user in the bracelet. The unit calculates the intensity of the load, that is, it takes into account the number of repetitions, their frequency in relation to the human pulse. The most common and considered to be the most effective cardio exercise is walking. You can set the minimum number of steps that you need to walk during the day (usually 8 thousand, but experts recommend walking 10 thousand).
The bracelet was worn for a week, and here are the results we were able to get. The pulse is calculated very accurately, blood pressure is slightly less accurate, but much better than other similar devices. The accuracy of the information obtained largely depends on the condition of the skin – this includes, in particular, the density of the hairline, skin tone, and swelling. If a person has cardiovascular disease, then the sensors react a little weaker. We compared the indicators immediately after physical exertion, measuring the pressure with a shoulder tonometer.
In order for the pressure data to be as accurate as possible, the wrist with the bracelet should be held at the level of the heart, while not moving for at least 15-25 seconds. In addition, it is necessary to exclude the penetration of light between the bracelet and the surface of the skin – in this position, the data is obtained as accurate as possible. The application is completely Russified, with its help you can quickly and accurately configure the device depending on your own needs. However, it should be borne in mind that all the information received from this application is for informational purposes only and is in no way suitable for making an accurate diagnosis and prescribing a course of treatment.
Pros and cons of WR 11 products
Based on the results of direct use, we can attribute the following points to the advantages of this fitness bracelet:
- The strap is really very comfortable, the clasp is reliable. However, it is a little big for a woman’s hand; looks quite attractive, has a high-quality assembly;
- Really wide functionality – the pulse is measured accurately, the pressure is slightly worse (however, it is still much more accurate compared to other similar devices), the steps are excellent, as well as calories. The heart rate indicator works stably, but the result gives one of two – normal or not;
- The battery in offline mode works for a very long time;
- Excellent quality sleep monitoring;
- Notifies about everything important that happens on the smartphone – calls, messages, shows the date, time. You can set a graphic clock with familiar hands;
- With the help of a smart bracelet, you can find a lost smartphone – there is a special function for this. Through the application, it starts playing music, and loud enough to be heard from afar.
Well, now it’s worth moving on to the disadvantages of this product:
- The display backlight stays on for only three seconds;
- The electrocardiogram reads only on a wet wrist. If the skin is dry, then it gives a “bad contact” error;
- If the device has lost connection with the smartphone, then it will not be possible to restore it manually. You have to do everything manually;
- There is no Wi-Fi module, so all updates must be downloaded exclusively through a smartphone;
- In order for the pulse and pressure to be measured with a high level of accuracy, you will have to press the sensors to your wrist with two fingers, otherwise the data will be incorrect;
- The vibration of the alarm clock occurs only three times, so a soundly sleeping person may simply not feel it;
- The instruction is short, though fully translated into Russian. Even after repeated reading, it is problematic to understand all the principles of setting up and working with the device.
fitness bracelet GSMIN WR-11
So, we tested the original smart bracelet, which stands out from all other similar devices. In particular, it can be used to measure the pulse, blood pressure, electrocardiogram and many other parameters of the human body. Of course, there were some disadvantages, but for the most part they are not too significant, and the advantages far outweigh them.